When and how to use a washable and reusable mask
Who should wear a mask?
- People with respiratory symptoms such as cough or fever;
- Healthy people who are in a potentially infected or polluted environment.
- Before putting on a mask, wash your hands with a hydro-alcoholic solution or with soap and water.
- Put on the mask, holding only the elastics, to cover the nose and mouth and make sure it fits snugly over the face.
- Avoid touching the mask; if you touch a used mask, change the mask and wash your hands.
- Replace the mask with a new mask when wet.
- To remove the mask, remove it from behind while holding the elastics, place the mask immediately and directly into the washing machine;
- After removing the mask, wash your hands with a hydro-alcoholic solution or soap and water.
- Machine wash in hot water. Hang dry.
It is essential to wash the mask before first use and all subsequent uses.
Use of the mask is only effective if used in combination with frequent hand washing with a hydroalcoholic gel or soap and water for 20 seconds.
This is primarily a preventive rather than a protective measure. When properly used, wearing a washable, reusable mask may add an additional barrier against some particulate contaminants, but does not eliminate exposure or the risk of disease or infection.
This mask is not an approved medical product and should only be used if you have no other alternative. Do not use this product when contaminant levels pose an immediate danger to health or life.
Failure to follow all of these instructions and limitations regarding the use of this product may reduce the effectiveness of the mask and may result in illness or death.
It is important that you know how to use, remove and dispose of it properly.