DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
For over a decade, Au Noir has been recognized as a leader and innovator in men's fashion. Known initially for our men's shirts, we have quickly evolved into a brand that is complete for a bold, urban lifestyle. We design, manufacture and distribute shirts, trousers, jeans, polo shirts, t-shirts and blazers. True to our DNA, innovation, perseverance and resilience are at the heart of our marketing and creativity. This allows us to grow year after year in an increasingly competitive market. Creativity is our driving force and our mission in everything we do, with the aim of always being better. Our company, its culture and its work space are based on a versatile, dedicated and dynamic team.
The Senior Designer's main function is the development of all new products for all brands within the company, following the specific guidelines of the organisation.
The person in this position must follow the process from the idea, through the tech packs, sampling, to production. Innovation, creativity and rigour are the essence of this role, with a focus on the functional side of the product in relation to market needs. The Senior Designer is involved in the entire creative process, from graphic and garment development to production and fitting and specification.
Is being part of the evolution of a wide variety of products and a dynamic and respectful working environment important to you? Then this is the job for you.
This is a permanent, full-time position offering a competitive salary based on experience. This role reports directly to the Director of Design.
- Conducting trend research;
- Create presentations for the sales team;
- Produce "Sketches" in relation to fabrics, prints and trims;
- Create Tech Packs;
- Create "Avatars" in conjunction with the graphic design team;
- Work with team members to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Assist in the "Fitting" and update the technical specifications;
- Ensure compliance with technical details;
- Check and comment on samples in relation to tech packs;
- Maintain the library and archives of fabrics, prints and accessories;
- Prepare the collection and samples for the sales team.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies in Fashion Design
- 5-10 years experience in a similar role (Menswear)
- Strong knowledge of pattern production and grading
- Proficiency in Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Sense of urgency, priority management
- Ability to meet and exceed targets
- Strong team player with excellent ability to collaborate with peers
- Creativity, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Result-driven and deadline-driven
- Professional, responsible and autonomous